Re: 2.4.0-test1-ac4 dies while booting

From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 06:23:30 EST

Someone mentioned they had trouble booting with 2.4.0-test1-ac4 when it
was built with "Pentium III" selected in the configuration.

It seems to work OK for me. I boot OK, get on the net via ethernet and
a cable modem, run X and netscape and show JPEG pictures (exercising
some floating point, which someone said was troublesome).

I will track the tests I do at:

http://www.goingware.com/laptop/linux

But not till tomorrow, it's late.

I've been saving the .config files I make with different builds and will
post them with the test results.

This is with a 450 MHz Pentium III Compaq Presario 1800T laptop with 128
MB of ram and ATI Rage Pro LT video.

Regards

Michael D. Crawford
GoingWare, Inc. - Expert Software Development and Consulting
http://www.goingware.com
crawford@goingware.com