Configurer Error

From: Paulo dos Santos (plusplus@ncc1701a.com.br)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 22:03:38 EST

I'm trying to execute the configure command on the GLibC (2.1.3) package but
when it arrive in the kernel headers verification it (the configure command)
return: to me

-- output snip --
checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD! configure: error:
GNU libc requires kernel header files from Linux 2.0.10 or later to be
installed before configuring. The kernel header files are found usually in
/usr/include/asm and /usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use
files from Linux 2.0.10 or later. This check uses <linux/version.h>, so make
sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header files.
To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the configure
option --with-headers.
-- output end --

Note that I provided the option `--with-headers' with the location of the
kernel version 2.2.13 and 2.3.99-pre6.

Anybody know how I can fix it?