Re: 2.2.15 - prob. handling Brother MFC lpr (out-of-mem)

From: Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 11:21:54 EST

From: Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 08:49:40PM -0700, Gary Funck wrote:

> Not exactly a show stopper, but we tried hooking our Linux system
> (Redhat 6.1 with kernel upgrade to 2.215) up to our Brother MFC
> (Multifunction Copier/FAX/printer) as an line printer. It worked
> fine on one-at-time, smallish print jobs, but received a "memory
> full" error back from the copier/printer when a large job was sent

        How large is large? If the _printer_'s memory is full, I think all
        you can really do is buy more memory for it. :-(

Tim.
*/
Isn't this a hand shaking problem? The printer will eventually free
memory as the job progresses. It seems to me like the memory full error
should function somewhat like the out of paper error. But it probably a
printer setup/driver problem rather than kernel.
Garst