Re: shm fs fixes against 2.3.99-pre3

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 10:53:06 EST

On 1 Apr 2000, Christoph Rohland wrote:

> 1) we have to raise the capabilties in shm_remove_name for the
> process, since some unpriviledged process could be the last
> attachee. sys_shmctl did the permission check already.

This is broken. Code like this is where bugs creep in, and somebody finds
a way to use the raised capabilities to do something they aren't supposed
to do.

As it is our own file we're deleting, we should just call our own "delete"
function, rather than using the VFS layer one which does checks that
aren't appropriate for this case.

                        Linus