Re: pc_keyb.c handle_kbd_event...

From: Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 06:26:39 EST

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 10:01:50PM -0800, Brian Macy wrote:
> I notice the error codes are being ignored again. Is there a reason why?
> If so that's fine, but please make it a config option (my initial patch
> had it setup that way)... the Compaq Presario 16xx laptops are nearly
> unusable in X if you ignore the error codes.

Yes there is a reason: enable it an _LOTS_ of people using PS/2 aux devices
loose their keyboard as soon as the aux device is used... So i guess we
need to add this as a config option. SIGH! Those folks back at IBM
"developing" the keyboard interface should be shot at sight!

Maybe we should start the "Open Input Device Standard (OIDS)" right here
an lobby for M$ and Intel to adopt in... ;-)

Dominik

--
  Networking Group,  Hospital of Johannes Gutenberg-University
  Obere Zahlbacher Straße 69, 55101 Mainz, Germany