autofs - problems.

From: Marcin Dalecki (dalecki@dacotec.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 07:09:50 EST

Just out of courisity I tryed out the autofs and noticed a
serious BUG within it.

My setup gives is that I have the two
mount points defined:

/misc/cd - internal atapi cd-rom device
/misc/zip - external zip drive.

All the drivers are fully modularised.

The problem is that doing:

eject /misc/zip

is resulting in a completly hossed module system.
The scsi top layer stays thereafter in uninitilized state
and the disk doesn't get ejected at all.
The eject command results in an error message about
some illegal/unsupported ioctrl.

However I don't have the time to look into this
myself. But anyway it's obviously a quite serious bug,
which may turn out to be a 100% reliable way to
reproduce the module race Alan Cox is talking about
at his todo list...