Re: autofs - problems.

From: Camm Maguire (camm@enhanced.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:43:26 EST

Greetings! There has been a long-standing race problem in autofs.
Briefly, if an autofs mount is being expired while a submount is being
mounted, the autofs process governing the autofs mount can die leaving
live mounts (nfs) under it. Please see the urls below for more
information.

My question: Should the recent 'autofs/nfs deadlock' fix in 2.2.14
fix this too? This is not strictly a deadlock issue.

I'm testing 2.2.14 now, but I can't of course control the exact timing
that leads to the problem. Please reply quickly if possible: Debian
will remove autofs from the upcoming distribution if I can't show that
this problem has been resolved in some way.

http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=52132
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9910.3/1105.html
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9910.3/1112.html

Take care,