Tracking down a bug

From: Orion Henry (orion@worldsite.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 19:07:40 EST

Hi,
        I am new the the linux kernel mailing
list and if I am in the wrong place, I apologize
and please redirect me elsewhere.
        My linux box has been crashing quite a lot
as of late. Where I am used to one or two a year
I have been getting 3 or 4 a week. I can find
no oops's in any logs, the magic SysRq key doesn't
work ( and yes it is turned on ), and the computer
is not accessible via the network. I basically
have no info whatsoever for a bug report, just
every now and then my screen locks and that's that.
Sometime when I am working on it. Usually at night
when I am away. I have downloaded the lm_sensors
tools to monitor the temperature of my CPU's
(BP6 motherboard) which are not overclocked.
Last hang was at 32.0 deg C. I upgraded to
the latest kernel 2.2.14 and there was no change.
        Basically, I think I have covered all the
obvious things and I need info on how to gather
more info on this so I can either submit a real
bug report or fix it myself (that would be nice).
Is there some document with this information for
me to read? Is there some patch I can add to
my kernel that will give me more info on the
location of the bug.

        Thanks for your time,
        Orion Henry