Montavista HardHat duplicating Ingo's low-latency work ?

From: Benno Senoner (sbenno@gardena.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 17:25:07 EST

Hi,
I've just read the pressrelease about MontaVista "HardHat", about enhancing the
realtime performance of linux
http://linuxpr.com/releases/1180.html
here the relevant snippet:

--
Building upon a "one hundred percent pure Linux" base, MontaVista is
   characterizing driver-level and user process response characteristics in the

Single millisecond precision is already possible with Ingo's low-latency patches, I was wondering if Montavista will cooperate with Ingo's low-latency work, or if they are doing their own low-latency implementation ? (It would be preferable cooperating with the kernel developers, in order to avoid duplication and/or incopatible overlaps).

Any thoughts ?

Benno.