Re: SCSI Makefile cleanup

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 17:33:55 EST

willy@thepuffingroup.com wrote:
> OK, since you'll be hammering on the scsi drivers through the makefile
> checking it all works, can I ask you to apply the Makefile patch first and
> test the whole shebang? I have tested it a little, but not a large chunk.

sure, though it probably won't be this week. please cc any updates in
the meantime to me...

> Any suggestions on which Makefile to tackle next? I was planning on
> romping through the rest of the drivers/ directory, maybe drivers/block
> next.

I already sent Linus a pending patch against 2.3.42 which converts
drivers/char, and drivers/net is already done. Unless there are
problems, I hope that will appear after the LinuxWorld dust settles on
Linus' desk. :) drivers/block would be good, though step lightly as
some of the dependencies in there have teeth, IIRC. :) And there are a
ton of sub-directories inside the major driver directories which are
worth evaluating.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik         | Post-Linux-Expo TODO:  Learn more
Building 1024       | French curse words from Pixel.