2.2.x Memory subsystem questions

From: Mike Panetta (mpanetta@realminfo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:29:26 EST

Is there any way to get the 2.2.x kernels to have memory subsystem
performance similer to the 2.0.x kernels in low memory situations?

I just resently upgraded a memory poor (16MB) system from the 2.0.36
kernel to 2.2.13 and am experiencing major swap issues. Its going into
swap alot sooner than it did with the 2.0 kernel and this is causing me
problems. Unfortunately there is no way for me to upgrade the memory
on this system so that is not an option. Is there any way that I can
make the vm system on the 2.2.x kernel perform comperable to the 2.0.x
kernels did in this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Panetta