Re: Fix struct siginfo

From: Jakub Jelinek (jakub@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 13:29:01 EST

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 02:28:10PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > And glibc relied on thisall the time, have a look at
> > <bits/siginfo.h>:
>
> Oh jeez 8)
>
> > __uid_t si_uid; /* Real user ID of sending process. */
> > } _kill;
> >
> > With those older kernel we loose already with glibc :-(.
>
> Ok
>
> > What kind of old binaries? glibc 2.1 has externally 32bit uids - and
> > realtime signals (which use siginfo) are not supported by libc5 AFAIK.
>
> If libc5 doesnt support signinfo and glibc always relied on a couple of
> random numbrs being zero then ok. I hadn't realised that glibc was using
> the unsafe values directly and getting away with it..

I've merged my patch with Andreas' one, you can grab it from
ftp://ultra.linux.cz/OS/Linux/Local/linux-2.3.40-pre6-siginfo.patch.gz

I had to remove a few more things and as aj's patch is changing the layout
of kernel siginfo on i386, I had to modify the copy_siginfo_to_user routine
(well, simplify it).

Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Jakub