symbols and versioning...

From: Raj, Ashok (ashok.raj@intel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 12:13:03 EST

Hello..

Iam using redhat 6.1 kernel and trying to build a custom SMP kernel. I have
some changes to the base kenrel
for some modules that i need to suport my driver.

when i build using

make bzImage after a make clean. i dont see the version symbols from

/usr/src/linux/include/linux/modules/*.ver getting re-generated. Anyone
could drop me a note on how to get this
regeneratated? If i use no symbols and versioning all works fine. i done
see a rule that would run the /sbin/genksyms to regenerate the symbol files.

any ideas would be helpful

ashokr