Re: IBM & Linux

From: Adam Fritzler (mid@auk.cx)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 04:04:48 EST

I'd like to see more assistance from IBM in the hardware documentation
front. Their recent release of the Lanstreamer token ring driver is a
good start. IBM hardware that I could use docs for:

        - IBM Wireless LAN entry PCMCIA cards
        - Early RS/6000 hardware, particularly MicroChannel based models
        - Various old IBM MCA cards (I can give a full list if IBM wants :)

I'm sure other people would agree that documentation on this older stuff
would be quite useful. I'm sure there's other places that people are
needing docs from IBM as well.

af

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Brian Parris wrote:

> Quoted from the ibm website:
>
> workloads as well. We look forward to working with the members of
> Linux community to design, develop, and measure prototypes of Linux
> code to support the changes described above. Whether or not these
> changes make their way into the base kernel is another matter, and
> only by experimenting with these changes and studying their behavior
> under more general workloads will the Linux community be able to
> determine whether such changes should be incorporated into the base
> kernel or not.
>
> I think it's great that a company as big as IBM wants to work with the
> linux-kernel developers in making linux better, i hope other companies see
> this example and jump in too, i'm already amazed at the amount of work
> that gets done on this list and i hope you guys keep up the good
> work(maybe in the future when i learn more i can join you in hacking the
> kernel).
>

> -

---
  Adam Fritzler