Linux 2.2.15pre3

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 20:58:23 EST

Some driver updates, further bug fixing. I plan to do just bug fixing from
now on, or very small driver changes. The other driver stuff will get held
over (eg parallel port CPIA camera driver). Give this a good hard beating
the focus is entirely on bug zapping for a 2.2.15.

2.2.15pre3

o Fix Sangoma stuff if compiled into kernel (Mario Lorenz)
o Fix smbfs for sparc64 (Dave Miller)
o Specialix Rio drivers (Specialix, Rogier Wolff)
o Elf extra sanity checks from code audit (Solar Designer)
o Megaraid update to 1.07 (Dell/AMI)
o Fix hang on boot with I2O configured megaraid (me)
o Fix small bug in the socket filter code (??)
o QNX file system updates (Anders Larsen)
o Intel 82559ER support in eepro100 driver (Cobalt)
o Workaround for 16C750 emulation bug (Cobalt)
o Show "preN" in make menuconfig (Alan Ford)
o Adaptec 29xx driver updates (Doug Ledford)
o Handle cross CPU TSC differences (Ingo Molnar)
o Update IRDA to match the 2.3.x codebase (Dag Brattli)

2.2.15pre2

o Fix RTC build problem with Nautilus (Michal Jaegermann)
o Quieten NFS debugging messages (me)
o Fix bug in connect/listen handling in TCP (Dave Miller)
o Fix missing $(CC) cases (Pascal DuPuis)
o Fix SMP tcp hang (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Hopefully fixed PLIP (me)
o Fix sigtimedwait bug (Christophe Blaess)
o Updated epic100 driver (Donald Becker)
        | If it works cool, if not we back it off
o Sparc updates (Dave Miller)
        | Fixes bugs with >258Mb on sun4d/sun4m
        | si_addr is set in siginfo
        | Fix signal type for FP/div events
        | DP division FPU emulation fixes
        | Fix sparc64 parport locking keyboard
        | ESP can be built as a module
o Network fix kit (Dave Miller and co)
        | Nagle improvements, TCP_CORK/FIN fix
        | /proc/net/tcp reports type 4 for timer
        | Fix TIME_WAIT logic
        | Clean up timer performance
        | Handle shutdown() in CLOSE_WAIT right
        | Report state change on tcp_fin after setting
        | new state
        | Shutdown on close in write_err case (Paul Russell)

2.2.15pre1

o Handle crossing X25 restart confirmations (Guntram Blohm)
o Large direct block I/O with small readahead
                could fail (Mikulas Patocka)
o Remove duplicate asm op (Chris Noe)
o IUCV Update for S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
o Fixes to allow Linux/390 to run on P/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
o Some PPC configs didnt compile (W Lewis)
o Maybe fix TCP delack hang (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Missing task state change (Natapov Gleb)
o Fix 82596 false probes (Richard Hirst)
o Fix typo in ixj driver (Tim Waugh)
o Add AOpen PD-2 DVD to ghost list (Rogier Wolff)
o Masquerading site has moved (Hugh Redelmeier)
o Fix FAT bug (Pavel Pisa)
o Small NFS fixes (HJ Lu)
o Update ES1370 to handle rev7 chips (Tom Sailer)
o Use amateur radio drivers on Sparc (Tom Sailer)
o SCSI generic documentation updates (Douglas Gilbert)
o Fix clearing of NT in head.S (Willy Tareau)
o Add winchip2 MTRR support (Bart Hartgers)
o CREDITS entry for Victor 'RTLinux' Yodaiken (Victor Yodaiken)
o Zoltan Boszormenyi has changed address (Zoltan Boszormenyi)
o eepro100 updates (Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich)
o Update Davicom driver (Davicom)