Re: Linux 2.2.15pre3

From: Leos Bitto (leos@servers.globopolis.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 09:42:34 EST

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> Some driver updates, further bug fixing. I plan to do just bug fixing from
> now on, or very small driver changes. The other driver stuff will get held
> over (eg parallel port CPIA camera driver). Give this a good hard beating
> the focus is entirely on bug zapping for a 2.2.15.

That's nice. My problem: since 2.2.15pre1 I am having problems with my
Intel EtherExpress 10/100 NIC (i82557 chip on it). While I am uploading
(transmitting) heavily, it sometimes stops and dumps some debug data to
syslog. Then it waits for few seconds and everything continues. And then
it stops again. The delays slow down upload a lot. The resulting files
which I upload are fine (md5sum checked). I had absolutely no problems
with 2.2.14 and older kernel.

Leos Bitto