Re: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 11:38:48 EST

In article <20000104123122.A11650@animx.eu.org>,
Wakko Warner <wakko@animx.eu.org> wrote:
>> The order is approximate priority. It may also not be totally accurate.
>> Suggestions/fixes welcome.
>
>What about PCMCIA stuff? Apparently, noone will bother helping with any
>problems I was experiencing with the kernel pcmcia on my nec versa sx
>laptop.

I'd LOVE to hear what happens on the box with 2.3.36. Ifyour NEC has a
cardbus controller (most modern laptops do), 2.3.36 has a completely
rewritten cardbus layer, and I'll be jumping up and down with joy about
repors about it.

To enable the new cardbus layer, please just say Y to the PCMCIA and
cardbus questions and say N to i82365 support.

                Linus