Re: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"

From: Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:26:18 EST

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 08:38:48AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'd LOVE to hear what happens on the box with 2.3.36. Ifyour NEC has a
> cardbus controller (most modern laptops do), 2.3.36 has a completely
> rewritten cardbus layer, and I'll be jumping up and down with joy about
> repors about it.
>
> To enable the new cardbus layer, please just say Y to the PCMCIA and
> cardbus questions and say N to i82365 support.
>
> Linus

Does not work here on a Dell R400VT with a TI PCI1225 controller. The
controller is detected twice and network connectivty with the Xircom
Combi-Card is not there. (As a matter of fact i can not log into the
system when it is up, because the keyboard/mouse will not react. This
is different fron pre5, but might be caused by the fact that i had
USB configured...)

I'll try to recompile with minimum configuration next...

BTW: The cardbus changes(?) break the alpha, because pci_assign_resource()
is non-existant there, removing the EXPORTed symbol for this function results
in a working kernel so (on NONAME w/o PCMCIA support)...

Yours,
  Dominik Kubla

--
  Application error: signature lost!  Press any key to continue...