Re: sis5513.c patch

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 03:59:51 EST

On 6/8/05, Andrew Hutchings <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> > On 6/8/05, Andrew Hutchings <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,

> Hi again,
>

> >>I'm not sure if a similar patch has been submitted or not, but here is a
> >>patch to get DMA working on ASUS K8S-MX with a SiS 760GX/SiS 965L
> >>chipset combo.
> >

> > This patch is incorrect, it adds PCI ID of SiS IDE controller (this ID
> > is common for almost all SiS IDE controllers and is already present in
> > sis5513_pci_tbl[]) to the table of SiS Host PCI IDs. As a result driver
> > will try to use ATA_133 on all _unknown_ IDE controllers. You need
> > to add PCI ID of the Host chipset (lspci should reveal it) instead.
>
> Unless I am reading the following wrong 5513 is the PCI ID:

It is PCI ID of the IDE interface but you need PCI ID of the North Bridge.
The thing is that SiS is using the same PCI ID for all IDE controllers and
driver shouldn't be unconditionally programming all unknown/future SiS
IDE controllers as they may differ from the current ones.

> 00:02.5 Class 0101: 1039:5513 (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master])
> Subsystem: 1043:8139
> Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 128
> I/O ports at <unassigned>
> I/O ports at <unassigned>
> I/O ports at <unassigned>
> I/O ports at <unassigned>
> I/O ports at ffa0 [size=16]
> Capabilities: [58] Power Management version 2

Could you please send full lspci -vvv output?