Re: sis5513.c patch

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 04:16:38 EST

[ Andrew, please remove this patch from -mm queue. ]

On 6/8/05, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/8/05, Andrew Hutchings <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >

> > Hi again,

> > > This patch is incorrect, it adds PCI ID of SiS IDE controller (this ID
> > > is common for almost all SiS IDE controllers and is already present in
> > > sis5513_pci_tbl[]) to the table of SiS Host PCI IDs. As a result driver
> > > will try to use ATA_133 on all _unknown_ IDE controllers. You need
> > > to add PCI ID of the Host chipset (lspci should reveal it) instead.

Second look into sis5513.c and another problem turns out - patch breaks
support for IDE controllers integrated into 961 and 961B South Bridges
(ATA_133 is used instead of ATA_100 and ATA133a).

For unknown Host Bridges driver checks for presence of 961/961B/962/963
South Bridges by checking true device ID (please see sis5513.c for details)
and assigns 'chipset_family' accordingly (ATA_100/ATA_133a or ATA_133).

You have 965L South Bridge so probably it has newer true device ID
and may also require different programming sequence.

> Could you please send full lspci -vvv output?

and lspci -xxx

Bartlomiej