Re: sis5513.c patch

From: Andrew Hutchings
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 03:25:29 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
On 6/8/05, Andrew Hutchings <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Hi again,

I'm not sure if a similar patch has been submitted or not, but here is a
patch to get DMA working on ASUS K8S-MX with a SiS 760GX/SiS 965L
chipset combo.

This patch is incorrect, it adds PCI ID of SiS IDE controller (this ID is common for almost all SiS IDE controllers and is already present in sis5513_pci_tbl[]) to the table of SiS Host PCI IDs. As a result driver will try to use ATA_133 on all _unknown_ IDE controllers. You need
to add PCI ID of the Host chipset (lspci should reveal it) instead.

Unless I am reading the following wrong 5513 is the PCI ID:

00:02.5 Class 0101: 1039:5513 (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Subsystem: 1043:8139
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 128
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>