Re: linux-2.3.27pre6/fs/udf does not compile

laredo@gnu.org
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:15:03 -0500 (EST)

> Adam J. Richter wrote:
> >
> > Throughout linux-2.3.27pre6/fs/udf, there are references
> > to data types named Uint32, Uint8, etc. The meanings are obvious,
> > but I mention it here because it is probably the result of an
> > incomplete patch.
>
> move the #include <linux/udf_udf.h> line to right below the version #define
> and it should fix it.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Please don't redefine the same
thing over and over. Include <linux/types.h> in your driver
and __u32, __u8, etc when you need specifically sized variables.

The result is a much more readable driver and a much cleaner
kernel.

-- Nathan Laredo
laredo@gnu.org