Re: sockets stuck in CLOSE state 2.2.12

Dave Airlie (airlied@csn.ul.ie)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:58:39 +0100 (IST)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I recently installed an RH6.0 with 2.2.12 on it and after 2 days
> > uptime I have 894 sockets connections from about 5-10 machines, all stuck
> > in CLOSE state, the machine is an ftp site and the ftp logs show these
> > machines were ftp connections,
>
> Are there a load of ftp daemons hanging around too ?

No only ftp daemons are ones that are in use.. I think these machines that
ftp'ed to use were using a web-browser and did a load of simultaneous ftps

> > So has anyone else seen this with 2.2.12, and how do I get rid of these
> > sockets without rebooting the machine ..
>
> Can you send me netstat -not output for these sockets

I've stuck em up on the net on
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/orac_netstat.txt
as there is a few of them

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied -- Telecommunications Researcher \