Re: soundblaster live under linux

Rik van Riel (riel@humbolt.geo.uu.nl)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:57:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Alain Borel wrote:

> >> The latest "beta" driver 0.3b works pretty well (at least so far). You
> >> can both play and record sound.
> >
> > Have they released any source code yet ?
>
> Did they ever say they would? Officially?

Point is (and somebody please forward this to Creative), as long
as they haven't released the source, people should bug them about
problems, not us.

As soon as they release the source, we can take care of the
driver and make sure that it keeps working with all possible
Linux versions. At no cost to Creative Labs.

But until then people really should go after them with
pointy objects if something doesn't work :) (thanks Larry)

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.
--