Re: NFS (KNFSD 1.4.6)

Matthew Wilcox (Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:53:49 +0200

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 06:10:24PM +0200, Dominik Weis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I get this message
>
> svc: unknown program 100227 (me 100003)
>
> when a Sun Solaris (2.6 or 7.0) mounts a NFS Share.
> The Linux kernel is 2.2.11 and knfsd 1.4.6. Is this a
> problem or only an information because it seems to
> work.

That's the Sun client asking about RPC program number 100227. According
to Solaris' /etc/rpc, it's:

nfs_acl 100227

I find no mention of this in IRIX or Linux, so I assume it's a
Sun-proprietary sideband protocol to transmit access control lists. I
don't think you have anything to worry about.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of