Re: Can't sleep less than 20 ms

Bernd Paysan (bernd.paysan@gmx.de)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:13:25 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> I recall on the x86 there's a way to avoid the slipping using just the
> timer chip, but I don't recall how off hand. Something about using
> another of the timer counters as a reference.

Hm, I always thought that there simply is no other timer available, but
you could be right: the refresh counter could serve as a reference. You
just have to find out whether it runs at 1024, 2048, or 4096 Hz ("fast"
refresh option in some chipsets). All the other timers are abused by other
parts of the system.

Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/