Re: [OFFTOPIC] Is Linux a Realtime-os?

John Alvord (jalvo@mbay.net)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:23:01 -0700 (PDT)

Rreal-time OS means that you can schedule tasks and they will be performed
at the time requested with a very small margin for error. That is not
Linux. There a Linux patch (largeish) called RTLiux which adds that
facility. Of course the tasks are not normal linux processes...

But the basic answer is No.

john