Re: The stability storm in a tea cup

Steve Underwood (steveu@netpage.com.hk)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:56:41 +0000

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>
> > Also, all of my serial ports are in use..
> >
> > Not everyone can donate a serial port to Linux development.
>
> could you write down the oops from screen? Unfortunately at this stage
we
> do not know which part of the oops will be useful, so we need the
whole
> first oops. (second oopses after bootup can be confusing because they
> might just be side-effects of the first one)
>
> -- mingo

Why all this complexity. Leave a camera on the desk, and take a picture
when
the big moment comes (try a fast film, a fairly slow exposure and a
steady
hand - the picture should be pretty readable from experience). No serial

cables, no time consuming configuration, no errors when writing things
down
quickly, no delays in booting.

Steve