Re: The stability crisis

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:43:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>
> > hmmm, the closest computer that I could use is 100 feet away and is
> > attatched to this box by a 100ft piece of category 5....
>
> Also, all of my serial ports are in use..
>
> Not everyone can donate a serial port to Linux development.

Serial-port cards are under $30. If it's an IRQ problem, get
a smart board, they're not very expensive either. And they come in
ISA and PCI kinds. Compare the cost of having the server go down/
reboot to one, if it's a production environment, a little cash up front
usually isn't an issue...

Considering the amount of work and effort put in by so many
developers and others, perhaps you'd be kind enough to offer up
something constructive, or keep things off the mailing list where
constructive work is happening.

Stephen