Re: module_info

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:56:16 +0200

--XMCwj5IQnwKtuyBG

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 04:11:08PM -0700, David L. Gehrt wrote:
> A while back someone asked on some Linux mailing list how to create a
> module_info file. I never saw an answer, but I am interested in knowing =
the
> answer. I can't find the answer in the docs, or on the web.

Use the macros provided by linux/module.h: MODULE_AUTHOR, MODULE_DESCRIPTIO=
N,
MODULE_PARM, MODULE_PARM_DESC, MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE.

Those can be displayed by modinfo. They are stored in a separate ELF section
(.modinfo) of the module object.=20
Is this what you want?

Regards,
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG
Linux kernel development; SCSI driver: DC390 (tmscsim/AM53C974)

--XMCwj5IQnwKtuyBG

--XMCwj5IQnwKtuyBG--