Re: (reiserfs) Re: I discussed reading directories as files with jra, Stallman,

Jeff Epler (jepler@inetnebr.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:31:25 -0500

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 09:58:52PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> One need not understand the Word-specific aspects of the format.
> Forget about bold text and image format details. Not even NT would
> have all that in the kernel. No, this is only a filesystem-like
> structure to be dished out in pieces by a simple driver.

So use the filesystem! If, as you say in another post, you're worried
about morons "rm"ing, "mv"ing or "chmod"ing the individual components, just
insure that any directory recognized as a compound document recieve a
document icon, not a folder icon.

Jeff

--
\/ http://www.slashdot.org/                      Jeff Epler jepler@inetnebr.com
Enzymes are things invented by biologists that explain things which