Re: [kernel] Re: Speeding up fsck 2 times

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:18:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

>People _want_ to slow normal operation down in exchange for faster
>fsck. (Did you hear that cries for journalling?) Journalling certainly

It's not only a fsck issue. It's an bmap-lseek issue too. I think for huge
files of the order of gigabytes people is going to lseek over them
frequently and to write updates-log at the end of the file instead of
rewriteing many gigabyte at every change...

Andrea Arcangeli