Re: 2.2.9 -> 2.2.10 lilo err

Anthony Barbachan (barbacha@Hinako.AMBusiness.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 02:11:39 -0400

Does anybody know if this LILO problem is going to be fixed anytime
soon? Is there some reason why LILO can't be fixed to accomodate the > 1023
cylinder situations? NT and Win9x do not seam to have this problem about
booting after the 1023rd cylinder. Drives are already huge and just getting
bigger every day so I suspect more and more people are going to start
running into this problem; especially those who may already have the first
part of their drive in use by another OS or those who do not want the
complication of multiple partitions on their drive as well as those less
knowledgable users for whom this adds a complication to their system setup.