Re: Profanity in the Linux Kernel?!?!?

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:22:39 -0400

The Doctor What wrote:

> It is possible that this will cause the kernel to be blocked by censoring
> software. Or parts of the kernel. Or patches, etc.

Let's hurry up and censor ourselves before anyone else gets the chance!

> I don't think anyone should make the owners of a subsection clean up their
> comments and such, but I would like to encourage them to remove the worst
> words.

The 'worst' words? That would necessitate an order of 'bad' words.
There is no such thing as a 'bad' word. Actions, those can be bad.

Now the literial meaning of say fuck and shit, the actions they represent,
are not bad. Infact they are quite natural. Now war, that's bad. Yet,
as NATO (READ: The USA and UK) continuly bombs the hell out of places I've
never been, against people I've no problem with, it seems nary to raise an
eyebrow. But should someone dare say fuck on the radio...

It disgusts me to no end that the bleeting of scaried sheep is so promiment
here in America. The new wave of patriotism: Lick the hand of your master, and
praise him for beating someone other then you. The house nigger
mentality....alive and well now in every race and creed.

Home of the free and land of the brave...what a crock.

Yes I know. I'm spouting again.

--
http://www.linuxrouter.org/     Linux Router Project

"Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could." William F. Buckley, Jr