Re: access to proc filesystem from chrooted process

Peri Hankey (Peri.Hankey@telemips.com)
Fri, 21 May 1999 09:53:15 +0100

Hi Riley

It is possible to mount the proc file system onto a directory so that it is
visible to chrooted processes. This can be useful, and should ideally be no more
dangerous than allowing it to be visible to an unprivileged telnet account.

Best Wishes
Peri