Re: make boot fails

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 11 May 1999 22:40:44 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 11 May 1999 alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Now you've aroused my curiousity - tonight I shall bring all my
> modules into the kernel and try to build a true monolithic kernel and
> see what happens. I refuse to believe a compressed kernel image larger
> than 1MB in size will not boot.

All my modules got inserted into the kernel - comes to 1423kb uncompressed
and around 600k compressed. There should be a way to boot uncompressed
kernels.

Why don't you try making your kernel with modules?

Cheers,
Alex
--
"A mind opened by new ideas can never return to its original limits"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk