Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Janos Farkas (asethman@mandate-inc.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:32:08 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Mark H. Wood wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, CaT wrote:
> Uhhuh. I was lucky too, but when I heard it had been withdrawn I shelved
> plans to fully install it until the problem is resolved. (Right now I've
> copied the minimal files needed to get HP's binary-only WebJetAdmin to run
> without disturbing anything else. Then I discovered that WJA is awful so
> I guess I should remove 2.x altogether.) Anybody wanna tell me where I
> should go to discuss this, since it's (hint) not a kernel issue?

I ended up getting precompiled glibc-2.1 binaries from ftp.stampede.org.
As Stampede is basically glibc-2.1 as of right now...no glibc-2.0 :P
The files are in .slp format which is basically a .tar.bz2 with some
package info at the end...works fine with tar -xIvf though....

Aaron