RE: Token Ring layer clobbers first byte of saddr

Simon Kirby (pnorton@ccnusa.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:32:57 +0100 (CET)

Giuliano Procida writes:
> This line uses a test for a variable (rii_p) that is not always set when the
> byte is clobbered. However, I don't know much about this. In any case, this
> cosmetic change should be made:

rii_p is an automatic variable initialized in its declaration. As
such it is initialized each time tr_add_rif_info is entered. (K&R 2E,
section 2.4, v. 5)

> th->saddr[0]&=0x7f to th->saddr[0] &= ~TR_RII (line 323 again)

That's fine.

> Well, not mine. I get 10:40 as the first two bytes of each destination MAC
> address and everything thereon is two bytes out. Perhaps this is a driver
> difference. Could you possibly let me know which patch and tcpdump version
> you use? Thanks.

tcpdump 3.4a6 and the patch at:

ftp://ftp.cts.com/users/crash/p/pnorton/tcpdump-3.4a6.token-ring.patch.gz