Re: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
18 Mar 1999 13:13:21 +0100

"Mattthew D. Pitts" <mpitts@suite224.net> writes:

> Did the glibc 2 developers check with the commercial software developers to
> find out if said functions were in use?

They're private functions (The Standard explicitly says so).

That being the case, it's not the job of the glibc developers to find out
if anybody uses internal entry points. That doesn't make sense.

Instead, it's the job of the StarOffice people to send a mail to glibc-bugs
stating "we need feature FOO which currently seems to be provided only by
internal entry point _BAR, can you fix that / is there a better way to do
what we want".

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/