Re: [ANN] new mailing list

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:06:45 +0000

'lo,

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 12:24:11AM +0100, Rik van Riel wrote:

> on special request from a few people and because the
> linux-kernel traffic still is too high, I have set up
> a new mailing list:
> linux-testers@nl.linux.org

Good idea -- I think the FAQ should be modified (if it hasn't been, already)
to list these new lists that are springing up. I guess we should be a bit
more aggressive about moving threads from linux-kernel to the other lists
as well.

S.

PS: are there any reliable nntp gateways for linux-kernel and friends out
there - or did they get closed to reduce the spam level?

--
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of