Re: Interrupts not being raised.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 08:52:33 +0100 (MET)

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> > OK, it gets an interrupt when I manually generate it with asm("int $42");
> >
> > Applicom driver: $Id: ac.c,v 1.6 1999/02/05 16:11:55 dwmw2 Exp $
> > Applicom PCI board found at mem 0xf4101800, irq 10
> > Applicom interrupt on IRQ 10 occurred
> > APPLICOM 0xF4101800 - 1 card(s) installed driver V2.8.0
>
> the question is, does after this 'first interrupt' your card work OK,
> (without using the asm)? If yes then somehow we managed to miss the first
> IRQ. If not then the card does not really produce interrupts.

No, it sounds to me as if the most likely problem is that the harware
is pulling INTA on the PCI slot, but that is not routed through to the
CPU.

If you add "asm (int xxx)" in your source, you're testing just the
software, which is pretty reliable: it has been working for years.

Roger.

*   Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or  *
*   four times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at  *
*   least a minute. -- Lisa Coburn, age 9