Re: rmdir of one's pwd (was Re: rmdir of a busy directory)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
13 Feb 1999 11:34:36 +0100

Alexander Viro <viro@math.psu.edu> writes:

> find . -mindepth 1
> will take care of all hidden files quite nicely.

Except for machines which have "find" commands which don't understand
-mindepth, which is exactly the kind of machine you need fixincludes for.

A solution which works everywhere would be a pipe through "sed -e 's/^\.$/d'".

> > Unless, ofcourse, you also want to 'find' through any hidden
> > files and dirs in that directory, or, that directory is so

Not likely for include files.

> > large that it wont fit in any of the buffers it would have to.

I haven't seen any machine where /usr/include was _that_ full, but I
suppose it's possible.

> find . -mindepth 1 -print0 | xargs -0 grep blah

Ditto about not understanding. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/