Re: Linux and the "Euro" symbol?

Erwin de Beus (erwinb@wt.tn.tudelft.nl)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:33:38 +0100

--------------FE50DCEAC199ED587421EA9E

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:

> <snip>

> AltGr-E (AltGr == Mode_Switch) for most keyboards; I believe the
> recommended keycode for U.S. keyboards is Shift-Alt-4.

<snip>

I just bought a new machine from Siemens and it comes with a keyboard that has the
Euro symbol on the 5 key. There are no instructions included on how to use it,
but it could be shift-alt-5 or right-alt-5. I guess we want this to be the same
in Linux as in other OS'es. The keyboard I have has an US layout. For what it is
worth, the Euro key doesn't work in the pre installed OS either...(Windows 98,
Dutch version).

--------------FE50DCEAC199ED587421EA9E

begin:vcard
n:de Beus;Erwin
tel;fax:+31 15 2781204
tel;work:+31 15 2783248
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.wt.tn.tudelft.nl
org:TU Delft - Technische Natuurkunde;Warmte en Stroming
adr:;;Lorentzweg 1;Delft;;2628 CJ;The Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:erwinb@wt.tn.tudelft.nl
title:ing.
x-mozilla-cpt:;-17760