Re: interest in performance instrumentation

Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:21:38 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Dominik Kubla wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 09:24:49PM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> > iostat is similar to vmstat, but it prints statistics about the I/O
> > subsystem rather than VM. sct has a skeleton C++ version of iostat, but i
> > don't think he's worked on it in a while. it comes with a kernel patch
>
> iostat has been available for Linux since 1995. Sadly not many
> distributions have picked it up...

Larry McVoy's vmstat (as distributed with BitCluster) has it
all in one. I have a copy of that vmstat (as /usr/local/bin/VMstat)
on both my Linux machines and I hardly ever use the standard
vmstat...

Rik -- If a Microsoft product fails, who do you sue?