Re: IDE-SCSI Hard Crash

Patrick Bauer (bauerp@niagara.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:44:14 -0500 (EST)

Here is an interesting problem that i have..

I have a cd-writer attached on the same secondary IDE channel as another
IDE hard drive..

Now... when cdrecord is accessing the cdwriter... i have discovered that
the IDE hard drive that is on the same IDE secondary channel as the
writer... has to wait until cdrecord is finished with the writer... before
that hard drive can be accessed..

This is of course using the 2.2.1 kernel with an acx patch..

Pat.