Re: NCSA-FTP doesn't work with 2.2.0

Florian Lohoff (flo@rfc822.org)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 18:04:02 +0100

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 12:09:11AM +0100, Peter Schlaile wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The DOS-NCSA FTP-Client can't do downloads from a 2.2.0-Linux-Box anymore.
> They start slowly and then stop suddenly.
> 2.0.x worked fine. (Path MTU discovery is not the problem, I tried this
> already ;-)
> The problem is reproducible on two different Linux boxes and clients.
>
> What should I do?

Try hardcoding the "arp" entry for the client (Same LAN segment isnt it ?)
via the "arp" command

I had a bug which showed up downloading a kernel via tftp
from a client which did not respond to arp requests during download
this might also apply to the DOS NCSA FTP Client.

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)