Re: Netscape buggy, kernel OK - some test results

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:55:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Stanislav Meduna wrote:

> > I'll try to polish my hack a bit - seems like
> > it can help more people.
>
> Those who have problem with freezing netscape,
> please try the following code. If it helps, we
> are sure that the kernel is not the problem.
>
> It works for me with 2.2.0-final and Netscape 4.5,
> I have not tested it very carefully and I don't
> guarantee it works anywhere else.

You, sir, are a hacker supreme!

Not only does this patch eliminate freezing, it has doubled or tripled the
effective load time for every web site I've tried. Since setting up with
cable-modem service, I've blamed persistant stalls and pages which never
seem to load on network conditions outside my ISP.

You have uncovered the true culprit <g>. Thanks VERY much for searching
this out.

Steve