Re: BUG: 2.2.0-final and IDE-SCSI emulation fails

Henrik Olsen (henrik@iaeste.dk)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:48:05 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> IMHO, this is a paper bag bug, but rather than interrupt poor Linus's
> vacation, I thought it best to submit it for consideration to
> linux-kernel. My apologies if this is a repeat. Additional apologies
> if this isn't helpful, as this is my first kernel bug report (with
> trembling fingers he prepares to click the Send button... :-).
>
> Basically, 2.2.0-final (pre9) crashes immediately after boot for me
> after attempting to detect my "SCSI" CD-RW drive (actually an IDE drive
> from Digital Research Technologies using IDE-SCSI emulation; chipset
> reported is SOCRATES OTI-975).
Make sure you haven't enabled multiple LUN detection in the scsi section
at the same time as you're using the ide-scsi stuff.

HTH Henrik

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S
URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/