Re: [ Mind testing experimental one-liner? ]

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:48:13 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

> Btw, if you're willing to test some more, there's a much less intrusive
> way to get basically the same behaviour:

> How about just renaming it to __get_hash_table, add an extra arg "int
> uptodate_nowait", make a macro "get_hash_table" which just expands to
> passing the new arg as zero. Then call the internal version directly
> from places you know it is safe with the new arg as one? Seems much
> cleaner to me, and no code duplication (ie. unnecessary bloat).

Yes. However, I found another thing that needs to be changed: you need to
also remove the "wait_on_buffer()" in brelse(), which is why the system
still gets stuck with the other change.

That should get you running..

Linus