Re: raid and 2.2.0pre6

Eric van Dijken (Eric@KPN.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:36:32 +0100

Hi,

If seen this happen also, it seems that the devices which are part of a MD
device
are not locked.

Greetings, Eric.

-----Original Message-----
From: christophe.leroy5@capway.com <christophe.leroy5@capway.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Date: Friday, January 15, 1999 9:39 AM
Subject: raid and 2.2.0pre6

On 2.2.0pre6, I managed to create a raid1 device with /dev/hdd1
and /dev/sda4, I mount it on /mnt, and was able to mount /dev/sda4
on /mnt2.

And all changed done in /dev/sda4 wasn't visible on /dev/md0,
after removing all files on /dev/sda4, I umounted /dev/sda4 and
/dev/md0 didn't complain. I could umount and mount it, it could
see mirrors where not in sync. All files deleted on /dev/sda4 are
still present on /dev/md0.

I had to run ckraid to resync md device,

christophe